Going through a divorce?
Getting divorced is an incredibly emotional and stressful process and you’ll likely have a million things running through your mind at all times during this journey. Having to think about money and your financial future in the middle of this emotional transition isn’t ideal, but it is necessary. This guide offers step-by-step guidance on the most essential financial pieces to help you navigate divorce — with advice from a CFP® Professional who has been through the process herself.
Learn how to navigate these topics:
- Choosing a divorce process
- Waiting periods
- Handling money during a divorce
- Navigating growth and taxes
- Housing considerations
- Taking inventory of property
- Getting clear on your negotiables and creating clear boundaries