Do you want to work for a progressive financial services company committed to making the world a better place? Did you know that we’ve been honored by B Labs on their “Best for the Workers” list for three years in a row?
Please check out the jobs below, and take a look at our Employee Handbook to see the details of our generous employee benefits.
Our financial planning and investment management firm is in need of an Accounting Clerk. You are the numerologist, the cruncher of digits, passer of paperwork and keeper of the keys. You will not only process transactions for our firm, but also for our clients. To do this job well, you need to be comfortable solving problems without clear guidance (i.e. catching curveballs) and treating our clients like you treat your loved ones.
As part of the job, you will:
- Pay the bills & reconcile bank accounts
- Review our client’s quarterly performance reports and invoices
- Process new client account paperwork quickly and with an elegant grace
- Communicate with clients clearly using proper written and spoken language
- Track all open requests closely, never missing a due date
- Keep client files organized and updated
- Log all activity in our Salesforce.com CRM and ensure that all client data is up-to-date
- Be the intermediary between clients, advisors and our custodian, making sure the custodian does their job for the client
- Be willing to help on special projects, like Excel analysis and research
- Support the rest of the Abacus CSAs by filling in for them when they’re sick or on vacation, when they are unseasonably busy or when they’re sad
That’s the job, but who are you?
- You’re an excellent communicator on the phone, in person and in writing
- You sincerely love dealing with people. This is not a job for a wallflower
- You are obsessive about organization and task management. You probably alphabetize your spice rack (or at least organize by culinary theme or color)
- You make stuff happen. In fact, you’re probably already thinking of a creative way to set yourself apart and get this job
- People always ask you to help because when you say you’re going to do something, you do it. Every time. Without fail
- Experience with Quickbooks is necessary. Experience with Salesforce is desired
You should have some level of business education, but a college degree is not required. We would love to see you have, or be willing to get, your Registered Paraplanner certification and pass the Series 65 exam. We find previous financial industry or especially investment advisory firm experience highly desirable.
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter to our HR company. Please be creative. Boring resumes are boring.
We are looking for an Associate Financial Advisor for our Philadelphia Office. What is an Associate Advisor at Abacus, you ask? Our Associates are more like apprentices than support staff. The associate advisor’s primary job is to sit in client meetings, take notes, and learn how the team’s advisors work with clients.
How to Succeed:
- Join client meetings where you will take notes and make sure all follow-up items are completed on time. You project management skills are super-duper.
- Deeply learn our financial planning software. You’ll do a lot of the data entry for financial plans for our clients. You’ll be very adept at learning new systems quickly.
- Manage a large number of open requests at once and have the flexibility to manage shifting priorities. Seriously, you might have 50 open items on your list and be working on 5 financial plans at once. You’ll never miss a due date.
- Support your advisory team in the planning process and make them trust you implicitly.
- When sitting in on client meetings, you may need to quickly come up with new scenarios on the fly. Rapid action is key to this position. Responding like a deer caught in headlights is not a good move.
- Help on special projects, like Excel analysis and research.
- Transition to Lead Advisor within a couple years. The career path is there and waiting for you. Your success is up to you.
How to Excel
Oh, you want to be the best Associate Advisor we have ever had? Here’s how:
- Intuit the various planning scenarios that your team wants to run for your clients.
- Your writing puts Hemingway to shame, and Sir Ian McKellan comes to you for advice on oration.
- When asked for a status report on open requests, you either can rattle off the current state of each request from memory, or you smile and say, “It’s all finished!” Of course, nobody would ever ask you for a status update because you’ve proactively made sure that, before they had a chance to wonder how things were going, you’ve already called them.
- Your team and your clients cry when you go on vacation because they’ll miss you.
- You’ve redesigned the data gathering process such that clients spend 18.6% less time and the process is done 2,076 minutes sooner.
- You frequently win bar bets on financial planning trivia and theory.
Nice to Haves
You should be on the way to being a CFP®. You’ve either passed the exam, have started your CFP courses, or are planning to start immediately. Experience with NaviPlan (or another financial planning software) would help you hit the ground running.
To apply,please upload your resume and cover letter to our HR company.. When you do apply, please be creative. Boring resumes are boring.