Our goal at Abacus is to help you to expand what’s possible with money. We also want to help you make smarter decisions that will ultimately (we hope) reduce your stress and increase your peace of mind.
For individuals and families, we offer financial check-ups which usually last 1 to 2 hours. In addition to performing a “financial physical”, we’ll help you to determine what steps you can take now towards meeting your most important life goals, such as obtaining financial independence, buying your first home, or putting a child through college.
The most common areas we cover include but are not limited to:
- How much cash to keep in a “rainy day fund”
- Prioritizing and systemizing how you save for the future
- How to align your investments with your goals
- How to track your spending or create a budget
- Organizing your financial life
- Types of insurance you need (and don’t need)
- Renting versus buying a home and what’s best for you
- Preparing for an elderly parent who may need care or financial assistance
- Planning for a dependent’s education
- How to organize and pay off credit card and other debt
Our pro bono programs are subject to the availability of our advisors. While financial planning is offered on a pro bono basis, investment management is subject to fees.
How we select people, families or organizations for this program
Your story is important to us. The following pro bono application is a place for you to share that story and your needs. Each application is reviewed by our pro bono committee. We will reach out to you within 2-3 weeks to let you know if we can help and discuss the next step. If you are not selected for the program, we hope that our educational resources page will be of assistance.