We know that everyone can benefit from a relationship with an Abacus financial advisor. We also know that not everyone is able to pay our fees. As part of our mission to improve the world by offering financial advice, we are offering our services at no charge to selected individuals, families and nonprofit organizations.
Here’s how the program works
- We offer you free financial planning for one year, with quarterly meetings (either by telephone or in person, whichever is more convenient).
- We eliminate our fixed minimum fee for investment management. (We do still charge our 1% fee if you choose to invest money with us.)
- After one year, you graduate from this program and have the option of hiring Abacus to continue as your financial advisor. If you choose not to hire us, we will have one final transition meeting where we guide you on how to manage your own financial matters.
To apply for this program, please complete the questionnaire
How we select people, families or organizations for this program
Each of our advisors selects clients from the list of applicants based on whether or not they feel they can make a positive change in the client’s life. We use your written story and any videos or other material you send us as a window into your life, so please don’t hold back.
Our intention is that by the end of the year, your financial life is significantly better than it was before you joined the Abacus community. How might it be better?
You may have:
- Saved more money then you ever did in your life
- Given more time and money to charitable causes
- More time to spend with your family and friends and on your life’s passions
- Paid off a significant portion of your outstanding debt
- A predictable plan for your retirement
- The comfort of knowing that your insurance policies will actually cover you and your family in case of death, illness or disability
- An ironclad estate plan to help pass on your assets to your heirs
- Less stress, more peace of mind and the ability to sleep at night
You can have all that at no financial cost to you. We do, however, ask you to introduce us to friends and colleagues who might benefit from our services and to honestly share your experience as an Abacus client.