The Abacus Women’s Initiative has chosen October 2019 to represent Financial Empowerment Month (FEM). While empowerment efforts are magnified during this month, the principles of awareness, education, and confidence are worthy year round. While much of the FEM content is written with women in mind, financial empowerment is available to any individual willing to engage with their money life.
Above all, the aim is to create not only a feeling of empowerment, but a strong and lasting foundation of financial literacy. At Abacus, our passion is guiding you towards clarity and peace of mind in your money life so you can focus on what matters most.
What Financial Empowerment Looks Like
What does empowerment mean to you? How would it feel to be supported in asking questions about your finances without the fear of feeling ashamed for not having answers? How would it feel to finally sit in the driver’s seat instead of letting someone else drive? How would it feel to feel equal?
The time is now. Why? Because deep down we know you’re no longer willing to settle or be left behind. Deep down, we know you’re willing to pursue knowledge and strength even if it’s uncomfortable at first. Below are a few ways–large and small–that help define what empowerment might look like to you:
- Being organized and informed.
- Being educated about your investing, savings, and spending goals.
- Properly navigating the financial impacts of divorce.
- Having a secure plan if paying for college.
- Increasing peace of mind (and excitement) as you near retirement.
- Seeking support after the loss of a loved one.
- Reviewing options before a career change.
- Seeking support from a professional around complex decisions.
- Giving to charities and causes that are meaningful.
- Spending your time on what matters most.
The Abacus Sisterhood
The Abacus Women’s Initiative (a.k.a. ‘The Sisterhood’) was founded in 2017 to focus resources and support for women in the financial community. Since then, we’ve hosted events, led workshops, and increased female leadership and benefits available to women at Abacus.
Research shows women are increasingly taking control of their money and are eager to grow their financial understanding. This is why we’re dedicated to creating safe spaces and opportunities for women to explore, learn, and empower themselves.
Start Your Journey
We pulled together content dedicated to helping you understand the importance of financial literacy, and provided resources and tools to help you get started.
Check out our page where you can download our free eBook Financial Empowerment: 6 Ways to Expand What’s Possible with Money. You can also find answers to top money questions:
- How do I know I have enough?
- When is the best time to invest?
- How much risk should I take in my investment portfolio?
- Do I need an estate plan?
- How much house can I afford?
You financial empowerment journey starts here!
Join Our Growing Community
Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter where we share additional money tips and personal finance resources geared towards empowerment. Sign up for our monthly newsletter for tools, updates, events and more.
Share abacuswealth.com/fem with your friends, family, and anyone you know who could use some financial empowerment!